No lock file found in /var/run/nagios.pid

SAHNOUN, Nadir nsahnoun at refco.fr
Mon Oct 25 08:39:53 CEST 2004

please confirme that nagios.cfg is located in directory /etc/nagios/

you need run :
/where_is_your_nagios_install/bin/nagios -v
/where_is_your_nagios_install/etc/nagios.cfg

the -v option allow you to check configurations file !

The best is to install nagios on directory : /usr/local/nagios
on this directory, you need find :

bin        (nagios process, used so start nagios and check nagios
configuration files)
etc        (config file of nagios)
libexec    (plugins file wich will be executed)
sbin        (cgi file for web interface)
share    (html file for web interface)
var        (log file and nagios.lock file)

very often, bad configuration files cause problem of nagios.lock file.

nagios.lock store PID (process ID) of nagios process

NS