Restarting a service

Martin, Stanley G [CGEY Contractor for Sprint] Stanley.G.Martin at mail.sprint.com
Thu Oct 21 19:07:27 CEST 2004

Straight from their web site:

monit is a utility for managing and monitoring, processes, files,
directories and devices on a Unix system.

I guess the original post didn't specify Windows or Unix.  I assumed
Windows but that may be incorrect.

Stanley G. Martin
System Administrator
Sprint - EAS Business Intelligence
Stanley.G.Martin at mail.sprint.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Anders
Bolinder
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 11:23 AM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Nagios-users] Restarting a service

I use Monit for this, and check its status with nagios.

www.tildeslash.com/monit

Local daemon, automatic restart, and a https web GUI if you want. The
web GUI can produce text or XML status output, which I parse using wget
in a simple check_monit plugin. But it should work quite OK with NRPE
and monit command-line.

/Anders