checking port number and daemons

Padiyath Sreekumaran Kumar.Padiyath at psi.ch
Thu Oct 21 08:21:06 CEST 2004

   Hello,
   I asked about checking port numbers as well as daemons.
   I have NOT given the port number and daemon in my previous mail. One of
   The License daemon in Mathematica mathlm
   (/License/Mathematica/Actual/mathlm -pwfile
/License/Mathematica/Actual/mathpass) and another
   License is IDL with the port number(7500). There is also a daemon(lmgrd)
   for IDL.I would like to have informations sent to me via
   E-mail os SMS when one of the daemon is not running. It is happened that
   the server was running but the daemons were NOT running.When the users
   complained then I looked the status of the daemons. I want to avoid this
   with nagios if possible. Is there any scripts etc. available to do this?

  With regards,
   Kumar