nagios monitoring - email alerts

amyreagan at comcast.net amyreagan at comcast.net
Wed Oct 20 17:44:33 CEST 2004

Hi all -

I am running Nagios on a FreeBSD box that is NOT a mail server.  I am trying to configure SSMPT (which the freebsd documentation says is a simple client to allow outgoing mail only).  I can't get the notifications to send e-mails though.  I am either missing a simple configuration on freebsd, or there is something I need to change in one of the nagios config files.  Has anyone run into any problems like this before?  Will the alerting work if I am NOT using 'sendmail' on this box??

Thanks,
Amy Reagan
amyreagan at comcast.net