web transaction monitoring?

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Wed Oct 20 16:43:14 CEST 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 09:36:56AM -0400, Robert.Lattanzi at fitchratings.com wrote:
> series of web transactions, such as logging in to a protected page and then
> checking for a string (similar to check_httpd) on the resulting page. It
> doesn't look like Nagios can do this "natively"- please correct me if I'm
> wrong. Thanks, Robert
I don't know of any plugin that can do this. You'd probably have
better luck with something like
AWBot http://freshmeat.net/projects/awbot/
PasTMon http://freshmeat.net/projects/pastmon/
or TestMaker http://freshmeat.net/projects/testmaker/
and having them send a notification to Nagios about their
results.

Note: I haven't actually used these programs, but it is
something I've been looking at doing someday.

-Jason Martin
--
I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I'm perfect.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.