status.cgi - times out by 1 hour until I restart apache

Karl Skidmore Karl at multimap.com
Tue Oct 19 23:45:08 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I've found that 'sometimes' times displayed by status.cgi / showlog.cgi
/ etc can be exactly 1 hour out.  The status and log entry content is up
to date, but the times reported are offset by 1 hour.  If I restart
apache the times shown are correct - only for a while though.  The
system clock is always valid (and regularly sync'd with an NTP server).

I've not worked out what triggers this offset to take hold yet.  Has
anyone else seen this issue?

My apache config is rather esoteric (fcgi, gzip, ssl, authenticated via
an external app), but I don't think this has anything to do with it.

Cheers... Karl

Principal Software Architect
Multimap.com