Cannot build with mysql support

yosh vze2t524 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 16 04:22:48 CEST 2004

Hi Camron,

At first I had problem even with ./configure - getting the error of

checking for main in -lmysqlclient... no

with MSQL lib not found

When I run the 'full path' of lib and include ./configure worked.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin
--with-htmurl=/nagios/ --with-nagios-user=nagios
--with-nagios-grp=nagios --with-mysql-xdata
--with-mysql-lib=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql
--with-mysql-inc=/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql

The second prob was when running 'make all'
../xdata/xcddb.c:49:25: mysql/mysql.h: No such file or directory
../xdata/xcddb.c:50:26: mysql/errmsg.h: No such file or directory
../xdata/xcddb.c:66: parse error before "xcddb_mysql"
.
.
.
../xdata/xdddb.c:1242: `result_row' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [nagios] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/nagios-1.2/base'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I got around these errors by redefining #include the following way:
xdata]# grep "mysql.h" *
xcddb.c:#include <mysql.h>
xdddb.c:#include <mysql.h>
xeddb.c:#include <mysql.h>
xrddb.c:#include <mysql.h>
xsddb.c:#include <mysql.h>

Note, that the path was <mysql/mysql.h> in these files.

'make all' run without errors.

If you tried to run this version you might want to run 'make distclean'
before running ./configure
as it was suggested in: msg_id=9472853.

I hope it helps,

Yosh