How to get Nagios to monitor Windows NIC Stats

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Oct 14 00:34:54 CEST 2004

You can do this with nsclient, but remember that a network interface
statistic has multiple instances.  Therefore, you need to specify the
instance... this can produce horribly complex command lines.

./check_nt -H 192.168.9.254 -v COUNTER -l '\Network Interface(My network
card instance name)\Bytes Total/sec"

You use a similar method for everything else that uses instances (eg Disk).
We are using nsclient here for monitoring network interfaces, disk, and
countless other things with no problems.

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **