Undetermined states

Lawrence, Lynne LLawrence at osc.uscg.mil
Wed Oct 13 17:30:30 CEST 2004

Folks,

We have also noticed this feature of nagios availability reporting.  Though
the options for selecting the initial state and/or backtracking through
archives supply a solution, the solution is really not very intuitive and is
difficult to explain to users.  I have been considering looking at the code
to see if dumping a current status into each log file as it is created (when
it is automatically rolled) might be a solution.  Does anyone familiar with
the code have any comments on whether this idea is likely to be effective or
problematic?

Thanks,

Lynne Lawrence
QSS/USCG