Undetermined states

Toni Van Remortel t.vanremortel at ha.be
Wed Oct 13 10:50:05 CEST 2004

Hello all,

I have nagios running for a few months now, and I configured it to use a
database to store all the data.

When I request a trend or availability histogram of any switch or server
that hasn't been down since the nagios start, it contains no data until
a moment the switch or server goes down. After that point, the data is
collected nicely.

So the '% Time Undetermined' is for some hosts '100.000%' and for others
close to 0%.

Anybody a clue how this can be?

System: Gentoo Linux
Kernel: 2.6.5