Acknowledgement of 'soft' problems?

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Tue Oct 12 15:52:31 CEST 2004

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a request from our supporters here.
>
> Most of the checks are run two or three times before they get into
> 'hard' status and notifications get sent.
>
> Now some of our supporters keep watching the 'Service Problems'
> screen and would like to be able to acknowledge a problem before it
> get's to 'hard' status so that notifications don't get sent out at
> all.
>
> Is there a way to achieve this behavior?
>
> Similar question. Is there a way to suppress 'soft' problems in the
> 'Service Problems' overview?
>
> Regards

I don't believe that this is supported, and don't know if it ever will
be. However, why not just have your supporters turn off notifications
when a host/service goes into a soft state. Then, if it reaches a hard
state before they can fix it, notifications should not be sent out, and
they can acknowledge it if they so choose.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)