Who is using Nagios 2.0?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Oct 12 13:03:00 CEST 2004

Sand Philipp wrote:
> Just a thought, but wouldn't it be nice, when nagios would do it
> automatically everytime it starts/restarts?
> Maybe copying the hole runtime cfg in the ram or in a temporay file?

Nagios 2 does this. It creates a file called 'objects.cache', which is
properly sorted and expanded, in the var-directory. I believe that's the
  main reason for the speed-up, actually, since it removes three very
CPU-expensive steps from the config-parsing (sorting, expanding
(importing template values) and uniqueifying (in lack of a better word
for creating slave objects for each of the objects master-objects)).

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer