check_disk and check_by_ssh

icedtea icedtea at gamebox.net
Tue Oct 12 03:04:03 CEST 2004

I tried to run check_disk thru check_by_ssh but I encountered
"permission denied, please try again error"

but when I try to run  "./check_by_ssh -H host -C
'/usr/local/libexec/check_disk -w 85% -c 70%" it runs ok.

here's a copy of my "services.cfg"

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

        host_name                       host
        service_description             Free Space
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  sys-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_by_ssh!check_disk
        }

and checkcommands.cfg

# "check_disk" DISK command definition
define command{
         command_name    check_disk
         command_line    $USER1$/check_disk $ARG1$
         }

# "check_by_ssh" command definition
define command{
         command_name    check_by_ssh
         command_line    $USER1$/check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C
"/usr/local/libexec/check_disk -p $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$"
         }

also, i tried it on other machines but now I encountered "host key
verification failed". but when I tried to ssh directly to the machine, I
can access it passwordless.

Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated. tnx