issue sending out emails when host goes down

Lovell Mcilwain lmcilwain at opnet.com
Mon Oct 11 16:27:14 CEST 2004

Hello all,

I am having this issue with Nagios where it is sending me pager
notifications about a host being down but it doesn't send me an e mail
to my e mail client letting me know the same information.  Whatever
emails it does send are blank and the only reason I know it is from
Nagios is because the sender says "Nagios Account", otherwise the
subject line and the e mail content are both empty.  Has anyone ever
encountered this?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Here are some clippings of my files to give you an idea of my settings:

*Contacts.cfg

*# 'Lovell Mcilwain' contact definition
define contact{
        contact_name                    lmcilwain
        alias                           Lovell Mcilwain
        service_notification_period     24x7
        host_notification_period        24x7
        service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
        host_notification_options       d,u,r
        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email,notify-by-epager
        host_notification_commands
host-notify-by-email,host-notify-by-epager
        email                           lmcilwain at opnet.com
        pager                           1234567890 at skytel.com
        }

*Contactgroups.cfg:

*# 'OPNET Admin's' contact group definition
define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       opnet-admins
        alias                   OPNET Administrators
        members                 lmcilwain
        }

*Hosts.cfg:*

# 'Jello' host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use

        host_name               jello
        alias                   jello
        address                 12.34.56.78
        check_command           check_ping2
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   30
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        }

*Services.cfg:*

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

        host_name                       jello
        service_description             check_ping2
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  opnet-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            u,c,r
        check_command                   check_ping2
        }