Many ip's in one host

Gerd Müller gmueller at netways.de
Fri Oct 8 17:26:32 CEST 2004

Am Fr, den 08.10.2004 schrieb victor um 17:13:
> How?
> Can you give me an example?
> I see that at service definition I can't specify a ip address(ip
> addresses are only at hosts).
>
> You mean to define many services on a host?
> But how I define a service that pings to a diffrent ip that the ip of
> the host?

It's not so hard. Just configure a new check_ip_ping based on the
check_ping command like that:

define command {
        command_name    check_ip_ping
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ping $ARG1$ 40 70 100.0 300.0 -p 5
        }

and than on the host's services define a service per each ip:

define service {
        host_name                       multi-homed
        service_description             ping eth0
        check_command                   check_ip_ping!192.168.1.1
        }

/Gerd

Gerd Müller

--
Gerd Müller                   NETWAYS GmbH
Senior Systems Engineer       Deutschherrnstr. 47a