multiple instances

Mario Sergio Candian mscandian at freebsdbrasil.com.br
Thu Oct 7 22:53:47 CEST 2004

Hi Tim,

i do what u tell me. I copied the nagios.cfg and cgi.cfg for the directory
of the companyA, and companyB. Then, I edited the files, and I put the
following form:

In /companyA/etc/cgi.cfg:

main_config_file=/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/companyA/etc/nagios.cfg

physical_html_path=/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/share

url_html_path=/companyA

authorized_for_configuration_information=companyA

In /companyA/etc/nagios.cfg

log_file=/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/companyA/var/nagios.log

cfg_file=/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/etc/contactgroups.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/etc/contacts.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/etc/dependencies.cfg

status_file=/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/companyA/var/status.log

nagios_user=nagios

the same for the companyB (cgi.cfg and nagios.cfg) modifying only the
names.

My cgi.cfg and nagios.cfg default is:

cgi.cfg:

main_config_file=/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

physical_html_path=/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/share

url_html_path=/nagios

use_authentication=1

authorized_for_system_information=admin

And my nagios.cfg is:

log_file=/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/var/nagios.log

cfg_file=/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/etc/contactgroups.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/etc/contacts.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/etc/dependencies.cfg

comment_file=/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/var/comment.log

In my httpd.conf:

   ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/sbin/
  <Directory "/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/sbin/">
     AllowOverride AuthConfig
     Options ExecCGI
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
  </Directory>

    ScriptAlias /companyA/cgi-bin/ /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/sbin/
   <Directory "/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/sbin/">
      AllowOverride AuthConfig
      Options ExecCGI
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
      require user mdbrasil
   </Directory>

    ScriptAlias /companyB/cgi-bin/ /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/sbin/
   <Directory "/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/sbin/">
      AllowOverride AuthConfig
      Options ExecCGI
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
      require user twi
   </Directory>

  <Directory "/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/share/">
     Options None
     AllowOverride AuthConfig
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
  </Directory>

   Alias /companyA/ /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/share/
  <Directory "/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/share/">
     Options None
     AllowOverride AuthConfig
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
     require user mdbrasil
  </Directory>

   Alias /companyB/ /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/share/
  <Directory "/usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/share/">
     Options None
     AllowOverride AuthConfig
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
     require user twi
  </Directory>

Do I need to run the nagios.cfg of the companyA and companyB directory?
e.g:
./nagios -d /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/companyA/etc/nagios.cfg
and
./nagios -d /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/companyB/etc/nagios.cfg

or, only nagios.cfg of the /usr/home/eksffa/public_html/nagios/etc
directory?

Thanks!

Mario Sergio