Servicegroups?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Oct 7 16:38:50 CEST 2004

Benoit Panizzon wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Next Problem...
>
> We have different Groups being responsible for a different hostgroups...
>
> Well the organization and notification for the host of the right person is
> easy by ways of hostgroups.
>
> But how about services?

Each service definition has its own contact_groups definition. Nagios
2.0 changes hostgroup and host object definitions so that contacts are
set in each host-object as well.

> The Service 'SMTP' has a list of all Mailservers.
>
> So how do I configure that SMTP outages in Hostgroup A should go to
> ContactGroup ONE and SMTP outages in Hostgroup B to ContactGroup TWO?
>
> Would I need to add a hostgroup for each Contactgroup?

No, you would need to add each contactgroup to each service. I suggest
making heavy use of either templates or some fairly strong seditive.

> There is no such thing as 'servicegroups' as far as I see...

Nagios 2.0 supports this, but not with contactgroups, as explained above.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer