apache.conf

Ken E. Satkunam ken.satkunam at northstartechnologygroup.com
Thu Oct 7 15:44:26 CEST 2004

I am very new to Linux and am trying to setup a test nagios box.  I am
at the point to edit the apache.conf file to setup the web interface.  I
am running Apache 1.3x, but have no idea where to place the ScriptAlias
and Alias sections detailed in the documentation.  My apache.conf file
has this section.  I don't understand where to add the lines with the
"IfModule" sections.  Help!

<IfModule mod_alias.c>

    #

    # Note that if you include a trailing / on fakename then the server
will

    # require it to be present in the URL.  So "/icons" isn't aliased in
this

    # example, only "/icons/".  If the fakename is slash-terminated,
then the

    # realname must also be slash terminated, and if the fakename omits
the

    # trailing slash, the realname must also omit it.

    #

    Alias /icons/ "/srv/www/icons/"

    <Directory "/srv/www/icons">

        Options Indexes MultiViews

        AllowOverride None

        Order allow,deny

        Allow from all

    </Directory>

    # This Alias will project the on-line documentation tree under
/manual/

    # even if you change the DocumentRoot. Comment it if you don't want

    # provide access to the on-line documentation.

    #

    Alias /manual/ "/srv/www/htdocs/manual/"

    <Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/manual">

        Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews

        AllowOverride None

        Order allow,deny

        Allow from all

    </Directory>

    #

    # ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server
scripts.

    # ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that

    # documents in the realname directory are treated as applications
and

    # run by the server when requested rather than as documents sent to
the client.

    # The same rules about trailing "/" apply to ScriptAlias directives
as to

    # Alias.

    #

    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/srv/www/cgi-bin/"

<IfModule mod_perl.c>

    # Provide two aliases to the same cgi-bin directory,

    # to see the effects of the 2 different mod_perl modes.

    # for Apache::Registry Mode

    ScriptAlias /perl/          "/srv/www/cgi-bin/"

    # for Apache::Perlrun Mode

    ScriptAlias /cgi-perl/      "/srv/www/cgi-bin/"

</IfModule>

    #

    # "/srv/www/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever your
ScriptAliased

    # CGI directory exists, if you have that configured.

    #

    <Directory "/srv/www/cgi-bin">

        AllowOverride None

        Options None