Perfdata

dave dischiave dischide at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 15:41:30 CEST 2004

I am trying to use performance data to create graphs using the nagiosgraph
scripts.

I ran a make clean followed by

./configure --with-default-perfdata

make all

make install

I have the following in my nagios.cfg

process_performance_data=1

host_perfdata_command=process-host-perfdata
service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata

This is how my misccommands.cfg looks:

I have tired all of the following to either create a file or run the
insert.pl script:

define command {
command_name process-service-perfdata
command_line /usr/local/nagios/nagiosgraph/insert.pl
"$LASTCHECK$||$HOSTNAME$||$SERVICEDESC$||$OUTPUT$||$PERFDATA$"
}

define command{
        command_name    process-host-perfdata
        command_line    /bin/echo -e "$HOSTNAME$\t$PERFDATA$" >>
/usr/local/nagios/var/host-perfdata
        }

#define command{
       command_name    process-host-perfdata
       command_line    /bin/echo -e
"$LASTCHECK$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$HOSTSTATE$\t$HOSTATTEMPT$\t$STATETYPE$\t$EXECUTIONTIME$\t$OUTPUT$\t$
PERFDATA$" >> /usr/local/nagios/var/host-perfdata
      }

# 'process-host-perfdata' command definition
define command{
       command_name    process-host-perfdata
       command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b"
"$LASTCHECK$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$HOSTSTATE$\t$HOSTATTEMPT$\t$STATETYPE$\t$EXECUTIONTIME$\t$OU
TPUT$\t$PERFDATA$" >> /usr/local/nagios/var/host-perfdata.out
       }

# 'process-service-perfdata' command definition
define command{
       command_name    process-service-perfdata
       command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b"
"$LASTCHECK$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$SERVICESTATE$\t$SERVICEATTEMPT$\t$STATETYPE$\
t$EXECUTIONTIME$\t$LATENCY$\t$OUTPUT$\t$PERFDATA$" >>
/usr/local/nagios/var/service-perfdata.out
       }

Nothing seems to work. I do not think that I am getting perfdata. There is
no reference to perfdata in my log files (nagios.log, nagiosgraph.log,
syslog) and the service-perfdata and host-perfdata file are not being
created either.

I appreciate any help you are able to offer.

Thank you