NRPE Memory Limit 2GB ??[UPDATE!!!]

Wengrzik, Andreas Wengrzik at ewr.de
Thu Oct 7 14:25:52 CEST 2004

Hi!

I´ve got some more Information about this problem from the developer:

<===== S. Strudwick ==============>
Hi,

Ive encountered this problem also, at first thought the same it was
because I used type int, however changing it to a larger type didnt fix
it.

After some research it seemed to be a windows API problem, incorrectly
reporting after 2gig.

from msdn:

On computers with more than 4 GB of memory, the GlobalMemoryStatus
function can return incorrect information. Windows 2000 and later report a
value of -1 to indicate an overflow. Earlier versions of Windows NT report
a value that is the real amount of memory, modulo 4 GB. For this reason,
use the GlobalMemoryStatusEx function instead.

On Intel x86 computers with more than 2 GB and less than 4 GB of memory,
the GlobalMemoryStatus function will always return 2 GB in the dwTotalPhys
member of the MEMORYSTATUS structure.

<snip>

So I used GlobalMemoryStatusEx instead but I got reports that didnt fix it
either.

The problem is I dont have an NT box with 2gig of ram to test it on, so
any change is a guess.

Im sure its not a difficult problem to fix, when I get my hands on a 2gig
server I can develop on i'll fix it and let you know, however I cant say
when that will be.

p.s if you manage to fix it then please let me know :)

-
Stephen Strudwick
Advanced Development Engineer
Development Group, Technical Services
PIPEX

Maybe someone can help me correct this problem...

Thanks