Different Notification Periods for different Notification ways?

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Thu Oct 7 10:09:56 CEST 2004

Hi all

I seam to run into the next problem.

Remember we had NOC and SYSADMINS with Overleaping Notification Periods.
Only solution what to add every person twice in the contacts.cfg once with
24x7 and once with workhours and then distribute them to the appropriate
hostgroups.

Now next tricky bit...
Emails should get received 24x7 (so you can read what happened during last
night).
Pagers should only run during 'operating hours' eg 07:00-22:00 so that admins
that are not on duty get some sleep.

Do I fear right, that this would mean doubling the entries in the contacts.cfg
again? Doing four entries for each admin?

- 24x7 by email.
- 24x7 by pager.
- workhours by pager.
- workhours by email. (well you could get rid of this...)

--
Benoît Panizzon, <bp at imp.ch>