checks continuing to be run when disabled

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Wed Oct 6 19:19:05 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 12:00, Martinus Nel wrote:
> Sean,
>
> >From first hand experiance, you need to clean your state retention file if you
> go from active to passive check on a service.

Thanks for your response.  I'm aware of working with the retention
file.  That's why I manually change the status of them through the
nagios commands file.  This changes the internal state of the running
nagios process which in turn changes the contents of the state retention
file, thus allowing me to avoid wiping it.  However, even after I did
that, nagios continued to execute the active checks.