Check_ldap errors

John C. Welch johnwelch at kclife.com
Mon Oct 4 18:24:16 CEST 2004

I'm getting some odd returns on check_ldap, namely could not pass arguments.

The check_ldap entry in checkcommands is:

define command{
define command{
        command_name    check_ldap
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ldap -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -b $USER5$
        }

My resource.cfg entries are:

$USER1$=/usr/local/nagios/libexec

$USER3$=kclife

$USER4$=COLOR

$USER5$=dc=kclife,dc=net

Pertinent host entry is:

define host{
        use                     generic-host
        host_name               lime
        alias                   Lime
        address                 172.16.1.2
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        }

Pertinent service detail is:

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use

        host_name                       lime
        service_description             LDAP Status
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              5
        normal_check_interval           3
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  xserve-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_ldap
        }

If I run the command manually, as

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ldap -H 172.16.1.2 -b dc=kclife,dc=net

I get a normal return:
LDAP ok - 0 seconds response time

But when run via Nagios I get parse errors. Not sure what's up, since this
was running correctly, no changes in Nagios, and I get a good return on the
same command manually.

I know it has to be something obvious, I'm just not seeing it.

john

--
John C. Welch
CIS