Check_log - HELP!!!

Jack Burgess jackburgess at comcast.net
Sun Oct 3 04:48:46 CEST 2004

Been trying to get check_log working, tried every config I could think of. I
can run it from the command line.
So I tried to just hard code it in everywhere. :-) But I get this error
message:

oldlog:Oct  2 21:46:20 hfn1 nagios: Warning: Attempting to execute the
command "check_log -F logfile -O oldlog -q query" resulted in a return code
of 127.  Make sure the script or binary you are trying to execute actually
exists...
oldlog:Oct  2 21:48:30 hfn1 nagios: Warning: Attempting to execute the
command "check_log -F logfile -O oldlog -q query" resulted in a return code
of 127.  Make

Here are my configs

checkcommands.cfg:

# 'check-log' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_log
        command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_log -F /var/eric -O
oldlog -q Neoteris
        }

#Neoteris Logs
command[check_log]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_log -F /var/eric -O oldlog
-q Neoteris

# 'Neoteris' host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use

        host_name               hfn1
        alias                   Logfile #1
        address                 172.20.1.85
        check_command           check_log
        max_check_attempts      1
        notification_interval   60
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        }

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
servic
e template to use

        host_name                       hfn1
        service_description             Neoteris Log
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              1
        normal_check_interval           1
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  nms-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_log
}

But as I siad, it works from command line:

[root at hfn1 nagios]#  /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_log -F /var/eric -O
oldlog -q Neoteris
(534) < Oct  2 22:50:12 remote Neoteris: id=firewall time="2004-10-02
22:42:21" pri=6 fw=172.20.1.69 vpn=ive user=jburgess realm="Active
Directory" roles="WSAM Users" proto= src=69.143.49.12 dst= dstname=hfn1
type=vpn op= arg="" result= sent= rcvd= agent="" duration= msg="JAV20021:
Connected to hfn1 port 443"[root at hfn1 nagios]#