starting/stopping apps on remote servers..

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 1 19:22:50 CEST 2004

hi...

i'm researching monitoring apps. i need an app that allows me to monitor
multiple servers within a network (10-100) and allows me to start/stop
processes, monitor the ongoing processes on the various servers within the
network.

i'm envisioning a situation where i have a number of perl apps that need to
be run, and i'd like to be able to round robin them within the network,
assigning them to the server that's next in line to run. i'd then like to be
able to monitor the systems, and the progress of the perl apps as they're
being run.

does nagios have the ability to do this, or do you know of any other app
that might be suitable that i should look at.

thanks

-bruce