check_log pattern problem [VirusCheckedBE]

bart.vanmaele at be.ey.com bart.vanmaele at be.ey.com
Fri Oct 1 13:10:02 CEST 2004

hello,

I do a log check on a remote host with 'check_log' and nrpe. This works
perfect when I only do a check on one word, when I want to check on
multiple words like in this example, the plugin only checks on the first
word... I tried all kinds of combinations with ",',+,& but no one
worked...
Can anybody help me

define service{
        use                             active-check-once-template
        max_check_attempts              1

        service_description             ux_check_do_message_DAM1
        host_name                       bebxcmdb2
        contact_groups                  monitoring
        check_command
check_nrpe_args!check_log!/tmp/logs/do_message_DAM1.log!/tmp/logs/oldmessage_DAM1.log!backup
successful
}

thx,

bart

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking
any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to
this email and then delete it from your system.  Ernst & Young is
neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the
information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its
receipt.