[Fwd: CHECK_NRPE: Error receiving data from daemon help needed]

Jan Scholten Jan.Scholten at iconz.net
Sun Nov 28 22:46:10 CET 2004

roadbox wrote:
Do you think that you need to post your text every 8 hours? Aren't we
allowed to have a weekend? That's rude and i thought of just deleting
your mails and add you to the spamlist.

What steps did you take for debugging nrpe? Did you install a package or
from the source (missed libssl-devel?)
Did you enter the line in /etc/services?

Turn on debugging in the nrpe.cfg

If you execute check_nrpe -H jmooo
What output do you get, what is in the logfiles?

Which Versions did you install?

Your Configs seems to be fine (i don't know xinetd or the IPs of your
host, so ..)

Jan