Nagios 1.2 with Postgresql support

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Nov 26 01:15:57 CET 2004

Mark Nadir wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have been trying unsuccessfully to compile nagios 1.2 to suppot
> postgresql. Whenever I get to the "make all" step, I get a bunch of
> errors during the /xdata phase, ranging from syntax errors, warnings of
> passing args and making pointer from integer without a cast errors which
> finally results in the over all Error 2 of the Make All process.
>
> How can I get my nagios 1.2 to fully compile properly to support
> Postgresql?

To answer that question properly I would need a very large slab of
output from all sorts of various commands, detailed information about
your system and most likely more time than I'm willing to spend.

For short though;
Make sure you have the postgresql development files. They're usually in
postgresql-devel or equivalent if you installed some sort of package, or
installed by default in /usr/local/postgres/{lib,include} in case you
installed from source.

Make sure you have a decently recent copy of the postgresql development
environment.

> Also, I noticed on the title of an IRC nagios room not to use nagios
> database support! It's obsolete! Use files! - is this the reason why it
> isn't working ?

Obviously not. It hasn't been magically removed from all previous
versions that supported it.

> If however I can get it working how to do it?
>
> Hoping someone could help.

I'll help you if you want me to, but it's going to cost you $160/hour.
I'll need root access to the system and also a signed work order before
I can start working.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer