Nagios 1.2 with Postgresql support

Mark Nadir mnadir at cyrca.net
Thu Nov 25 22:09:47 CET 2004

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying unsuccessfully to compile nagios 1.2 to suppot
postgresql. Whenever I get to the "make all" step, I get a bunch of
errors during the /xdata phase, ranging from syntax errors, warnings of
passing args and making pointer from integer without a cast errors which
finally results in the over all Error 2 of the Make All process.

How can I get my nagios 1.2 to fully compile properly to support
Postgresql?

Also, I noticed on the title of an IRC nagios room not to use nagios
database support! It's obsolete! Use files! - is this the reason why it
isn't working ?

If however I can get it working how to do it?

Hoping someone could help.

Thanks.