Global symbol "$servanswer" requires explicit package name at (eval ?) line ??

Alwyn Cherrington a.cherrington at notes.manchester.gov.uk
Wed Nov 24 20:27:05 CET 2004

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your response, hope you don't mind me mailing you direct,
only I am still not sure how to obtain the details you requested in order
to progress. I am running Nagios on under Red Hat version 8.

Here goes...

As there is no config.status I will try and obtain one for this version of
Nagios, but maybe this may be of help in the meantime. Below is a list of
RPMs which I have used so far for this build.
There is also an extract some of the errors obtained by running Nagios
manually, as a foreground process.

nagios-1.2-0.rh80.dag.i386.rpm
nagios-plugins-1.3.1-1.9.i386.rpm
nagios-plugins-extras-1.3.1-1.9.i386.rpm
perl-Crypt-DES-2.03-2.dag.rh80.i386.rpm
perl-Digest-HMAC-1.01-1.dag.rh80.noarch.rpm
perl-Digest-SHA1-2.07-1.rh80.dag.i386.rpm
perl-Net-SNMP-4.1.0-0.dag.rh80.noarch.rpm
postgresql-libs-7.4.1-1PGDG.i386.rpm
radiusclient-0.3.2-0.dag.rh80.i386.rpm

Please note we are currently experincing problem with our incomming mail.

the system manager.

Please contact internet.administrators at notes.manchester.gov.uk with any queries