error in CGI on nagios

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Nov 24 19:00:30 CET 2004

Shiju,

It looks like you've added a check in services.cfg, but the command isn't in
checkcommands.cfg.

The key files you have to edit, at least initially, are hosts.cfg,
hostgroups.cfg, services.cfg, checkcommands.cfg, contacts.cfg, and
contactgroups.cfg.  These are pretty easy to figure out if you look
carefully at them.

As some very helpful people in this list have pointed out to me, in order
for you to get accurate information from remote (i.e. non-nagios) hosts, you
have to add nrpe (linux) and NSClient (Windows).  Both are trivial installs.

It's all quite doable; I installed nagios yesterday, and with help from the
list, have it up an running fine.  Look at yesterday's posts for the help
they gave me.

HTH.

Dimitri