error in CGI on nagios

shiju jacob shiju.jacob at intila.com
Wed Nov 24 13:38:51 CET 2004

Hi all

when i run ps -el |grep nagios
i does not return any thing

when i say nagios service start

it gives this out put

"
service nagios start
Starting network monitor: nagios
No lock file found in /usr/local/nagios//var/nagios.lock

when i give this command i get this error
"

[root at server1 bin]# ./nagios -v ../etc/nagios.cfg

Nagios 1.2
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
Last Modified: 02-02-2004
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Running pre-flight check on configuration data...

Checking services...
        Checked 38 services.
Checking hosts...
        Checked 15 hosts.
Checking host groups...
        Checked 6 host groups.
Checking contacts...
        Checked 2 contacts.
Checking contact groups...
        Checked 6 contact groups.
Checking service escalations...
        Checked 2 service escalations.
Checking host group escalations...
        Checked 2 host group escalations.
Checking service dependencies...
Error: Dependent service specified in service dependency for service
'Website #2' on host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service specified in service dependency for service 'Website #2' on
host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service dependency definition for service 'Website #2' on host 'nt1'
is circular (it depends on itself)!
Error: Dependent service specified in service dependency for service
'Website #2' on host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service specified in service dependency for service 'Website #2' on
host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service dependency definition for service 'Website #2' on host 'nt1'
is circular (it depends on itself)!
Error: Dependent service specified in service dependency for service
'Website #1' on host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service specified in service dependency for service 'Website #1' on
host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service dependency definition for service 'Website #1' on host 'nt1'
is circular (it depends on itself)!
Error: Dependent service specified in service dependency for service
'Website #1' on host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service specified in service dependency for service 'Website #1' on
host 'nt1' is not defined anywhere!
Error: Service dependency definition for service 'Website #1' on host 'nt1'
is circular (it depends on itself)!
        Checked 4 service dependencies.
Checking host escalations...
        Checked 0 host escalations.
Checking host dependencies...
        Checked 0 host dependencies.
Checking commands...
        Checked 22 commands.
Checking time periods...
        Checked 4 time periods.
Checking for circular paths between hosts...
Checking for circular service execution dependencies...
Checking global event handlers...
Checking obsessive compulsive service processor command...
Checking misc settings...

Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors:   12

***> One or more problems was encountered while running the pre-flight check...

     Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
     directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a previous
     version of Nagios, you should be aware that some variables/definitions
     may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to read
     the HTML documentation on the main and host config files, as well as the
     'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.

Thanks Regards
Shiju Jacob

http://www.intila.com