Dependencies and event handlers

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Wed Nov 24 00:36:59 CET 2004

1) You're correct.  Services that belong to a host will not notify if the
host itself is the one with problems.  Host checking, however, does not
happen unless one of that host's services is in a non-OK state.

2) The methods to use for remote event handlers are the same that you would
use for remote plugin execution: nrpe or ssh.  My personal preference is
SSH, but either way works about the same.