Checking emails/pages and check_nrpe

Mukarram Syed muksyed at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 00:13:39 CET 2004

Hi

I am trying to test my pager/email notification.  Is
there a way you could test email notification out
without bringing the host down.  Any command line
argument you could send from Nagois to verify nagios
would actually page you when the host goes down?

Also, I have installed check_nrpe and I could run a
command line for the check_disk and it returns the
information I need, like so:
gaia# /usr/local/etc/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H pan
-c check_disk
DISK OK [63185032 kB (95%) free on /dev/sda3] [80442
kB (83%) free on /dev/sda1] [1030776 kB (100%) free on
/dev/shm]

But I it is not populating the webpage.  I don't see
any Disk information in the webpage.
Here is my services.cfg file:

# Service definition
define service{
        use
generic-service         ; Name of service template to
use

        hostgroup_name
computer-distopias
        service_description             Disk
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  linux-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command
check_nrpe!check_disk
        }

and the check_disk line in my nrpe.cfg file:

command[check_disk]=/usr/local/etc/nagios/libexec/check_disk
-w 20 -c 10

I have a similar plugin running called check_load
which is working fine.

Obviously I am missing something...
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks