State Stalking & Notification

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Nov 18 15:36:15 CET 2004

David Knecht wrote:
> Some basic tests have shown that "state stalking" only affects logging.
>  No notifications are triggered.
>
> I would like to be notified whenever the service check output changes as
> described at http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/stalking.html, even
> if the overall status (OK, WARNING, CRITICAL) does not change.
>
> Any ideas about how to accomplish this?

Make any new output change the state. It's fairly easy. You will want to
turn off RECOVERY notifications, notification_interval and
normal_check_interval to whatever your retry_check_interval is set to
and set max_check_attempts to 1. It's hardly an optimal configuration,
but should serve your purposes.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer