CGI informations not real !

Marco Borsani m.borsani at it.net
Thu Nov 18 14:50:16 CET 2004

Hi all.

Two strange situations.

1)
I have 2 services with the parameter notification_enable set to 0 (zero).

Yesterday I saw in the "Service Status Detail For All Hosts" the symbol that
indicate that notificatios are disable and if I "click" on those services I
saw "Service Notifications:  DISABLED". This is correct.

Today I don't see the symbols and when  I "click" on those services I saw
"Service Notifications:  ENABLED".
The only operation made was some "nagios reload", but the config file is
still the same one!

This is a big problem because I have to give web interface to people who
can't see the configuration files so the only possibility for them to know
which is the configuration is to take a look at the web interface.

Any idea?

2)
I need to monitor a TCP port on a system that give me a bad answer to the
check-host-alive.
I want to disable the host check and config just the check_tcp service, but
the host still to be pending. Is the correct solution to enable the host
check at the beginning and then to reset it to disable?

Marco