Problem calling a notify command

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Nov 16 09:29:21 CET 2004

Darren Harrison wrote:
> I'm still running Nagios v1.0

Which is terribly outdated. You should definitely upgrade to 1.2, as it
contains a plethora of bugfixes compared to 1.0.

> and I'm having a problem trying to set up
> text messaging.
> I've got a GSM module and I can send texts (using the gsmlib tools) from
> both root and nagios users, but nothing seems to happen from Nagios
> itself.

Create a wrapper script and make sure the script is executed properly.
It's the only sensible solution to find out what's going on.

> I've looked in the nagios.log, message and syslog logs and can't find any
> helpful error messages.
>
> My question is, where should I be looking for error messages or output
> from notify command calls?

Wherever your notify command logs them, hence the wrapper script.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer