check_log solaris

Terry Inzauro tinzauro at ha-solutions.net
Tue Nov 16 06:02:33 CET 2004

ok guys.  it seems that when searching for multiple strings, nagios
starts getting cornfused.  i'll try my best to explain, maybe I'm not
doing this the correct way.

i have 4 different services defined looking for 4 different strings.

check_log_notice, check_log_info, check_log_crit, check_log_warning
looking for the obvious strings respectively.

when I check 1 host for 1 string, it works great, but when I am checking
  1 host for multiple strings then errors start to occur.

sample output snip.....
Type: PROBLEM
Service: check messages warning
Host: web server
Address: 1x.xx.xx.3xx
State: CRITICAL
Date/Time: Wed Nov 10 18:59:38 CST 2004
Additional Info:
()

end snip ......

Is this recommended method for checking for multiple strings in messages
files or am I completey bass ackwards?