Nagios-1.2, images and frustration...

sebastián serrano sserrano44 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Nov 16 01:49:06 CET 2004

Hi
   I was having the same problem until i found that the cgi whas reading the extinfo from database
NOT FROM /usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg

you have defined
xeddb_database=xxx
xeddb_username=yyy
xeddb_password=zzz

in cgi.cfg ???

Sebastian
>From Argentine

PD: if you don't understand my english, i can try writing it again.

    Hi,

    I have the same problem as some other users. I am running Debian 3.1
    with a self compiled nagios-1.2. Here are the ./configure-options:

    ./configure --with-template-objects --with-template-extinfo

    The system is running fine but how do I get these icons in the
    status map?

    I read the archive, I goggled: nothing helps... I tried to copy the
    statusmap.cgi from the Debian-package: nope - nothing helps.

    Here is the rest of my config:

    --- /usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg ---
    define hostextinfo{
    host_name foo.bar.de
    notes_url http://localhost/munin
    icon_image_alt Linux-Workstation
    icon_image debian.jpg
    vrml_image debian.jpg
    statusmap_image debian.gd2
    2d_coords 100.0,50.0
    #3d_coords 100.0,50.0,75.0
    }
    --- cut here ---

    I put the following line inside cgi.cfg:

    xedtemplate_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostextinfo.cfg

    The icon files are inside /usr/local/nagios/share/logos and are owned by
    nagios.nagios with 664. The directory is readable. I tried the
    debian-logo as replacement for the unknown logo and this works...

    This is a really strange problem... Why are there so many people who
    have this problem too and there is no solution for that?

    Hope someone can help me...

    Holger