Bandwith in use

Robert Nelson rnelson at windchannel.com
Mon Nov 15 23:28:20 CET 2004

Simon,

The easiest way (and I mean easiest!) would be to use the
serviceextinfo.cfg file. You can provide a URL and an icon next to a
service. So, say you had a router "rtr" and were monitoring telnet with
it, you could add the following lines:

define serviceextinfo {
        host_name                       rtr
        service_description             telnet
        notes_url                       http://mrtg.company.com/rtr
        icon_image                      graph.gif
        icon_image_alt                  View MRTG
}

This would add an icon "graph.gif", with an HREF of
http://mrtg.company.com/rtr and an ALT description of "View MRTG" to the
right of the "telnet" service of the host "rtr".

If you want Nagios to be the one graphing and keeping track, then you're
looking at nagiostat, apan, or something else (check out the
addons/graphs section of www.nagiosexchange.org).

Rob Nelson
Network Engineer
Windchannel Communications