Nagios 1.2 - qpage

rader at ginseng.hep.wisc.edu rader at ginseng.hep.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 12 19:09:16 CET 2004

 > i in no way want to start any flame war here but can i pose a question? In
 > my setup i indeed want qpage to send the page itself and not use some other
 > email to page service. I have succeeded in doing this. The question i have
 > is why would you want to rely on something that needs network connectivity
 > to tell you there is potentially something wrong with your network?

One certainly shouldn't rely on something that needs the network
to tell them that there is something wrong with the network!!

I have nagios, qpage server, qpage client, mail server and mail
client all running on the same system... so the setup doesn't rely
on the network.  Sure, that adds unnecessary points of failure, but I
have unwavering faith in sendmail's ability to send and receive msgs.

steve
- - -
systems & network guy
high energy physics