check_nrpe / nrpe message size

Jaap Hogenberg jaap.hogenberg at marketxs.com
Fri Nov 12 15:19:30 CET 2004

Disregard my previous mail , the problem lies somewhere else.
I just check on my nagios server, using the check_nrpe, and it does
get the whole message.

So, now the question is: where does it get chopped of ?
I see only part of it in my performance data files, so ....
- Does nagios have a limit on the size of the message accepted from a
plugin ?
- Is there a limit on the performance data being written out, using the
template based method ?

All suggestions w.r.t solving this are appreciated !

TIA

Jaap Hogenberg