Nagios 1.2 - qpage

rader at ginseng.hep.wisc.edu rader at ginseng.hep.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 12 13:22:49 CET 2004

qpage implements a email-to-text-pager gateway... so just configure
nagios to send terse emails to your pager email address... here's
what we use...

 define contact {
   contact_name                    page-somebody
   alias                           page somebody
   [...]
   service_notification_commands   notify-by-pager
   host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-pager
   email                           somebodys-pager-email-address-here
 }

 define command {
   command_name  notify-by-pager
   command_line  /usr/bin/printf "%b" "$SERVICESTATE$ $OUTPUT$" | /bin/mail -s "$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$: $HOSTNAME$:$SERVICEDESC$" $CONTACTEMAIL$
 }

 define command{
   command_name    host-notify-by-pager
   command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "$OUTPUT$" | /bin/mail -s "$HOSTSTATE$: $HOSTNAME$" $CONTACTEMAIL$
 }

qed.

steve
- - -