Error: Could not open command file'/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd' for update!

Lance Boon lboon at firststatebanksw.com
Fri Nov 12 04:53:44 CET 2004

So if I understand you correctly just adding the nobody user to the
nagios group will not work? I've looked at my httpd.conf for the user
it's running as and it's as follows.

User nobody
Group #-1

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/commandfile.html
> to no avail. If I look at the apache access log I see
The directory containing the cmd file must be group-owned by the
same group as the webserver. That way the nagios.cmd file will
be created as group-owned by the webserver and it'll be able to
write to it.

-Jason Martin