nagios forwarding

florian.beese at infoconsult.nu florian.beese at infoconsult.nu
Wed Nov 10 12:17:59 CET 2004

Hello!

I wonder if there is a tool for nagios to forward the whole information of
one nagios server to another. I've had a look at NRPE and NSCA - tested
both, but thats not what I want...

We want to build up a local Nagios server (B) in a company network, who
collects all data from that network and is fully functional. On the other
hand we have a nagios server (A) in our company, who should collect all the
data from the other nagios server (B) and display it. Therefor I don't want
to configure each time both servers, when I change services or host. I'd
like to have the possibility to tell server B that it should send all his
informations to server A and server A should be capable to display any
information he gets from server B, when he requested it. So that I have 2
separate systems in the end, which can build up a secure connection which
gives all info from B to A. Separate systems in this case mean, that changes
on B don't need any changes on A!

Would be glad to hear from you, if there is a tool for that purpose out
there!

kind regards
      Florian Beese