user premission problem

nagios at michaelgregg.com nagios at michaelgregg.com
Tue Nov 9 10:12:18 CET 2004

I have a single user that I am trying to get to see the web client in
nagios.
The user can login properly to nagios, but when I click on host or service
detail I get a "you do not have permission" error.

I'd like to figure out why the fortify user can login, but cannot see any
of the hosts.

Thanks in advance.

Here is my cgi.cfg, host.cfg, services.cfg, and contactgroups.cfg.
(comments and most other content removed)

--------------- cgi.cfg

main_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
physical_html_path=/usr/local/nagios/share
url_html_path=/nagios
show_context_help=1
nagios_check_command=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nagios
/usr/local/nagios/var/status.log 5 '/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios'
use_authentication=1
default_user_name=fortify
authorized_for_system_information=nagadmin,theboss,nagiosadmin,admin,fortify
authorized_for_configuration_information=nagadmin,nagiosadmin,admin,fortify
authorized_for_system_commands=nagadmin,nagiosadmin,admin
authorized_for_all_services=nagadmin,guest,nagiosadmin,admin
authorized_for_all_hosts=nagadmin,guest,nagiosadmin,admin
authorized_for_all_service_commands=nagadmin,nagiosadmin,admin
authorized_for_all_host_commands=nagadmin,nagiosadmin,admin
default_statusmap_layout=5
default_statuswrl_layout=4
ping_syntax=/bin/ping -n -U -c 5 $HOSTADDRESS$
refresh_rate=90

--------------------- hosts.cfg

define host {
name                           generic-host     ; name of this template
notifications_enabled          1        ; Host notifications are enabled
event_handler_enabled          1        ; Host event handler is enabled
flap_detection_enabled         1        ; Flap detection is enabled
process_perf_data              1        ; Process performance data
retain_status_information      1        ; Keep status across restarts
retain_nonstatus_information   1        ; Keep non-stat across restarts
register                       0        ; DONT REGISTER
}
define host {
host_name                      fortify-jbuilder
alias                          fortify-jbuilder
address                        jbuiflder.forttifyssoftware.com
name                           fortify-jbuilder
max_check_attempts             10
notification_interval          60
notification_period            24x7
notification_options           d,u,r
notifications_enabled          1
check_command                  check_http
checks_enabled                 1
stalking_options               o,d,u
}

---------------    serivces.cfg

define service {
name                           generic-service  ; name of this service
active_checks_enabled          1        ; Active service checks
passive_checks_enabled         1        ; Passive service checks
parallelize_check              1        ; should be parallelized
obsess_over_service            1        ; obsess (if necessary)
check_freshness                0        ; Default NOT check 'freshness'
notifications_enabled          1        ; Service notifications
event_handler_enabled          1        ; Service event handler
flap_detection_enabled         0        ; Flap detection is enabled
process_perf_data              1        ; Process performance data
retain_status_information      1        ; Retain status information
retain_nonstatus_information   1        ; Retain non-status info
register                       0        ; DONT REGISTER THIS
check_period                   24x7
max_check_attempts             3
normal_check_interval          5
retry_check_interval           1
;contact_groups                 nagios
notification_interval          240
notification_period            24x7
}
define service {
use                            generic-service
host_name                      fortify-jbuilder
service_description            fortify jbuilder HTTP
check_command                  check_http
name                           fortify software jbuilder server
max_check_attempts             6
normal_check_interval          5
retry_check_interval           1
check_period                   24x7
notification_interval          60
notification_period            24x7
notification_options           w,c,r
contact_groups                 fortify
stalking_options               w,u,c
}

------------------- hostgroups.cfg

define hostgroup {
hostgroup_name                 fortify
alias                          fortify
contact_groups                 fortify
members                        fortify-router,fortify-www,fortify-jbuilder
}