SEND_NSCA from windows

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Nov 9 03:13:00 CET 2004

>The problem is that I have to use VB with send_nsca and I
>can't seem to hold its open state, anotherwords, when I call
>send_nsca to connect to nagios, it connects fine, but I can't
>seem to hold the terminal window or std_out in order to send
>further status checks etc..

I have now managed to implement send_nsca in Visual C 6.0 (not to hard since
the original source code is in C!)

I have a windows service (and config utility) that looks suspiciously like
ntsyslog, except that it sends to NSCA rather than syslog and allows you to
define filters.  If anyone would like an alpha copy of this to test out
(and/or the Visual C 6.0 source code), please email me direct.  Been testing
today and works so far...

Yes, I know you can set up
ntsyslog->syslogng->filteringdaemon->send_nsca->nsca but it's messy and
filters at the syslog, not at the eventlog stage.  This seems a better and
more elegant solution.

When it is more thoroughly tested I'll upload to the web for general
download.

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **