check_oracle

Phil Costelloe philc at foundation-it.com
Mon Nov 8 14:47:49 CET 2004

kumar s k wrote:
> hi,
>
> pl. after i did below steps. still not working.
>
> rgds,
> kumar
>
> On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 kumar s k wrote :
>> hi,
>>
>> i added below mentioned in remote server nepe.cfg.
>>
>> command[check_oralogin]=ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/ora92; export
>> ORACLE_HOME; TNS_ADMIN=/oracle/ora92/network/admin; export
>> TNS_ADMIN; /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle --login
>> MY_SID_NAME
>>
>> i added in services.cfg in my nagios server
>>
>> check_command    check_nrpe!check_oralogin
>>
>> i got the same error message
>>
>> Cannot determine ORACLE_HOME for sid MY_SID_NAME.

That error comes up if the environment variable $ORACLE_HOME is empty
(which the command should have ensured isn't the case) or the directory
it refers doesn't exist. Are you sure it exists on the remote server.

Without having access to your server, it's very difficult to debug this
kind of thing so you're just going to have to run through possibilities
until you pin down the problem. Try running the plugin from the command
line on the remote server as the nagios user with the same environment
variables set up. Might give you some hints.

Phil