SNMP Cisco Problem

Wengrzik, Andreas Wengrzik at ewr.de
Mon Nov 8 14:51:29 CET 2004

Hi!

I currently try to check a Cisco Catalyst 3550.
So i got this result with snmpget

#snmpwalk -v 1 -c nagios 172.16.0.23 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifAdminStatus.1
IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.1 = INTEGER: up(1)

and this is my service descr for nagios

define service {
	host_name		SW_NOT_UG
	service_description	SNMP_TEST
	check_command		check_snmp!interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifAdminStatus.34!"INTEGER: up(1)"!"INTEGER: down(2)"!"INTEGER: down(2)"
	max_check_attempts	3
	normal_check_interval	1
	retry_check_interval	3
	check_period    	24x7
        notification_interval   20
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    w,c,u,r
        contact_groups          SMS
	}

With this description i got only this message in Nagios:
	Invalid warning threshold: INTEGER: up(1)

I also tried to change " to '  - no result.
So, what can i do else to get informations in a correct way?

Sorry for this question its the first time i use snmp.

Thanks for your help!

Bye