What is the preferred 3rd party nagios configfile tool

Jan Scholten Jan.Scholten at iconz.net
Thu Nov 4 22:24:17 CET 2004

I would not recommend it!

I have given feedback, updated sourcecode hints aso, but i only received
yeah we will implement it (about 1 Month ago?)
It is not usable with register_globals=off,
is a security risk if magic_quotes are off ( does not check variables
before inserting into database),
actual version can't import existing configurations (without a patch tahts
5 Month old
does not support templates
is not complete translated
currentley does not support 2.0 configs
..
..
..
T.b.c.

I would really like to see a new (lots of new) Versions, but the in the
current Version i would not recommend it.

Jan

> Hi!
>
> We are currently developing nagedit on sourceforge.
> It can do the base functions.
>
> look at
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/nagedit/
>
> but be aware its just beta/alpha software no stable relase we have
> relaesed until today.
> You need an mysqldatabase to store information and allow your webserver
> to write into the nagios directory.
>
> Feedback is welcome!
>
> Bye

Jan Scholten